Thursday, April 29, 2010

Checking out from room 12

The CRP (infection level) did come down this morning and was 76,3. The doctor said everything looks good and that I can check out tomorrow (Friday). They'd want to give me IV antibiotics for one more day to see the CRP further down before letting me go home and continue with pills. She also said they'd wait another week before starting chemo again.

That means room 12 is mine for one more night and mine only. Nurse said there will be no other patients unless someone would come in via emergency. I'd be happy to get some proper sleep as my roommate last night was a master snorer. Otherwise a very nice guy but what noice! After I got the last IV at mid-night the nurse gave me ear-plugs and a sleeping pill. In addition I put the headphones I use with my iPod on top. Eventually I fell asleep. In the morning the nurse said we both had been snoring loudly. Naturally I think she was joking.

Marjo and the kids dropped by yesterday which was nice. The kids were excited about the bed that could be adjusted with a remote control. I was thinking of letting them have a go with the control but there were too many nurses around. Next time maybe.

No comments: