Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An update from room 12

Thank you wife for maintaining the blog in my mental and physical absence! I'm now in hospital sharing room 12 with another patient. There isn't a lot happening in room 12 except swapping through the TV channels and some chitchatting with fellow roommate. Luckily, there is a common room with TV and a laptop connected to the internet.

I got an infection after the surgery and I'm getting intravenous antibiotics for it. The CRP (infection marker) was yesterday 49,9 and had gone up to 80,0 this morning. The doctor said there is typically a little delay between start of antibotics and the CRP coming down. The liver markers had come further down this morning so we are on the right track. ALAT was now 118 (283 on 21.4) and AFOS 259 (348 on 21.4). The doctors current belief is that the surgery was successfull and that the infection is the only problem right now. As soon as the infection is cleared they will continue the chemo treatment.

I feel otherwise quite fine but have a bit of stomach pains after the surgery. I get painkillers for it and can manage.

Seems I will have to stay here for at least one more night. Luckily a friend of mine just brought me some football magazines. I've got plenty of time to go through those thoroughly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan, though I don't quite understand all those numbers, I pray that they will look better and better everyday.

This is the verse I am praying for you tonight :)

Isaiah 40:31
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Get well soon !!!!

Jack :)

Jan Arne said...

Thank you Jack! :)