Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First impression

Summer holidays are soon over. Schools start in Tampere tomorrow and our kids start kindergarten next week. We have had a fantastic summer and the warmest ever in Finland. Recently thunderstorms and even tornadoes have hit the country. Makes me wonder about global warming and where all this is going.

The two weeks of cooler weather in Norway was a nice break away from the heat. The trip was also otherwise nice and we were lucky to meet up with family and many friends. The kids speak much better Norwegian now and especially the younger guy improved his language skills a lot, now he speaks pretty consistently only Norwegian with me.

We have a nice beach nearby that we have visited frequently with the kids. The other day there was a huge, in terms of muscles, man standing next to us watching his own kid swim. He was bald and had lots of tattoos. I imagined he probably rides a Harley Davidson and is a member of the local motorcycle club. All of a sudden he spoke to me and I got slightly worried. He thought I spoke Swedish with the kids and he explained he had himself lived in Sweden for years. We spoke for a while and he turned out to be a really nice guy. It was one of those times you realise first impression is not always right.

Yesterday I had a CT scan and I'll get to hear the results on Thursday. We are again living exciting times. The blood values have been good throughout the summer but this time I'm worried about the results of the scan because of the cancer marker that was on the rise in June.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

School is starting back up here in States too :) Lots of travellers last week trying to make the most out of the summer.

We went to Smokey Mountains with our friends, but just for one night. When the weather is a bit cooler, we plan to go for a camping there.

You guys are more than welcome to join :) Who knows, your kids may pick up some Thais ;)

And don't worry, God will take care of you :) I am entrusting you and the whole family in His hands. I would rather miss the deadline of my work than miss praying for you. well, don't just email my boss that though... he he :)

Here is the verse that came to me after I read yours

Philippians 4:4-7

4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I LOVE you all and miss you all very much!!

{^O^}