Thursday, July 31, 2008

A café experience

I'm now done with the two week period of Xeloda pills and I've felt completely fine for one and a half week. Next Monday I'm going in for a blood test and on Tuesday we have a doctor's appointment at the hospital. We hope to get some more information about the treatment plan and possibly some early indicators if the current treatment has made an impact. On Wednesday the plan is that I'll start the second treatment round. To our current understanding that means another Eloxatin infusion and another two weeks period of Xeloda pills. We don't know yet if or when they'll put in Avastin.

We visited yet another place unknown to me when my sister was here. In Kangasala, a neighbour county, there's a willow farm called Marjamäen Pajutila. A pretty place in the middle of the woods. They had a café with the best cake selection I've seen around here. I'll definitely go back and try some more cakes one day.

We booked a traditional Finnish cruise for the weekend. We'll leave from Turku Saturday evening, sail to Stockholm, then sail back to Turku on Sunday and arrive in the evening. Kids are excited and so are we. Parents-in-laws and sister-in-law will also join.

Tampere United lost to Artmedia from Slovakia in Champions League second qualification round. I went to see it with a couple of friends. First half was excellent.

No comments: