Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer is here

Summer finally hit Finland. We have had around 25 °C for a few days and been able to do some real summery things. Like putting up inflatable pools in the garden for the kids and go swimming in our nearby lake. The temperature on the beach the other day was officially 18,5 °C and I've yet to go swimming myself.

We've had a good time with my sister and her husband. They've visited us in Finland four times during these years and with that they're on top of the Norwegians-visiting-us-in-Tampere statistics. We haven't been around the town that much but spent most of the time in the home surroundings. They do really well as Norwegian language teachers for the kids.

One of our friends did something awfully nice. She was making lasagne, made two portions and gave the other to us. That was really helpful as we could skip one day of cooking and spend more time just relaxing and enjoying the summer, and that I am feeling well.

The nausea I had in the beginning of the week disappeared on Wednesday and I've been totally fine since then. Haven't taken the anti-nausea medicine (Primperan) since Tuesday either. No other side effects have kicked in yet. I've only a few more days to go with the pills (Xeloda) before the compulsory one week period off drugs.

No comments: