Monday, November 1, 2010

Winter-time

Time flies! Clocks have already been turned back! I've been a little lazy updating the blog lately. I haven't been busy in any particular way either so guess this comes down to pure lazyness. Well, I tend to end up tired in the couch in the evenings with little motivation to do much else than watch TV.

The chemo I'm on (Gemzar in particular) gives me some trouble and the treatment schedule is so that nausea, tiredness and stomack issues hit during weekends. During weekdays I normally feel pretty fine. I'm taking various drugs as counter-measures to the unwanted side-effects and the situation isn't too bad. My appetite isn't what it used to be though, and I have to pay more attention to eating. I've gone under 80 kg whereas I was over 90 kg one year ago. I will try and have the chemo schedule changed after next CT scan (November 10th) so that I can enjoy weekends better.

I had a little break in the treatment in October as the platelets level was very low. We used the opportunity to visit friends outside of Turku and then we had visitors from Norway one long weekend. Both very nice.

No comments: