Thursday, September 30, 2010

Birthday

Yeah, I turned 40! We did not plan any big celebration as my condition is a bit unpredictable. The birthday didn't start very well either. I was sick in the morning with some stomach-flu like symptoms. Luckily it passed and by lunch time Marjo got a green light to bake a cake together with the kids. The youngest guy is especially eager to help with cooking nowadays as he gets to lick the spatial. He's very determined to help with anything and do stuff on his own at the moment.

We had a very small birthday party in the afternoon with in-laws and some relatives. The cake was great and there was a very heavy present waiting. I'm now the lucky owner of PlayStation Move! Now we just need to figure out what games to buy. I bet a football game will be high on the list.

On the outdoors front, we've lately done some geocaching with the kids. It's a fun way to get out into the woods. Well, fun as long as we find the cache. Once we even took the father-in-law with us. I've also managed to squeeze in a couple of rounds of golf. The end of the golf season is getting close as temperatures are dropping so I may have hit my last golf ball this year already.

I'm doing better battling Gemzar. I tried a better anti-nausea drug called Emend and last weekend was pretty good. I got Gemzar again today so hope Emend will do the trick again.

Here's one of my favourite Monthy Pyton sketches. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Jan Arne, good to hear that you feel a bit better. And of course, congratulations on your 40th birthday! Best wishes from us at Byhaugen, Stavanger.

Unknown said...

This sketch is great, it has made laugh since Iw as 16 :-D

João

P.S. Keep strong, your colleagues love you :-)

kandlrose said...

A belated happy birthday to you.