Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Food!


Previous week was of a challenging sort. I had nausea, no appetite and struggled to eat the whole week. The anti-nausea pills I would normally take didn't improve my condition very much either. My weight dropped to 78 kg and we started getting a little worried if the cancer had a role in this. Marjo forced me to see a doctor. I called my nurse on Thursday, cancelled the chemo treatment and got a doctor's appointment the following day at 1300.

The doctor couldn't find anything unusual but prescribed me cortisone pills to increase appetite. We have to wait for the CT pictures to find out how the cancer is really doing. I'll have the scan tomorrow but get to hear the results in two weeks when I'm scheduled with the senior doctor.

Well, the cortisone pills seem to work and the appetite improved during the weekend. Yesterday I was happy to have half a pizza for lunch at a Kotipizza restaurant. I took the rest with me home and had it in the evening.

No comments: