Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Midsummer

Thank you wife for maintaining the blog in my (mental) absence!

Times have been pretty good since the last stent insertion where they used the ERCP technique. The blood values on Monday were also good so this may be a sustainable solution. I'm getting Vectibix every second week and had my second shot on Monday. The side-effects aren't bad. The main issues are rash in the face and upper-body. In future I can expect nail bed infections and (natural) eyelash extensions.

I've been on sick leave from work since the bile ducts problem started in April. I'll stay off from work throughout the year since the situation with the cancer is uncertain. The next CT scan (August?) will probably tell more what's happening.

I've had the pleasure of spending a lot of time with the kids recently. A week ago we took a day trip to visit Hakkaraisen talo in Vammala (House of Mr. Clutterbuck) and the spa in Ikaalinen. I think this was the first spa visit with the kids ever and they had great fun. The water slide was in particular a popular place and it was difficult to pull them out from there when we decided to leave.

Last weekend we celebrated midsummer (Juhannus) on in-laws summer cottage. The oldest kid fell in love with the tent that we brought along for the fun of it and decided to sleep all three nights there. He had no trouble falling asleep while I stayed awake for most of the night. Luckily, Marjo stepped in for the following two nights so I got to sleep inside the cottage in a proper bed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear again that you at least enjoyed a part of your 'time off' : ) with the kids and Marjo!

Today is the last day of the World Cup so I hope you get to enjoy the game as well.

We also went to Water Parks with all the Thai kids around us - 12 adults 8 kids if you don't count me as one of them :)

Enjoy your summer and trust that God can do all things. I am praying for you everyday!! Hope to hear back from you after the next scan.

Miss you all!!

Jack & Prinna (the wife)

P.S. it is not "Luck" that you got to sleep in a proper bed, it is "Love" "Dedication" "Sacrifice" from your lovely wife ;) Do I get a browny point for that Marjo?? : )

Wifey said...

Sorry have not read the blog or comments for a while but YES Jack you get quite a few points for that comment ;D

kandlrose said...

I'm missing you Jan Arne! Enjoy the long northern summer days and eat some lutefisk for me.

fond regards
Lucas