Friday, May 21, 2010

Back in hospital

Things change fast in my situation. On the very same day as my previous blog post (Thursday a week ago) I had to check in at First Aid. The drain solution seemed not to work as it started leaking liquids in various colors, also some blood. After many investigations during the evening I was sent home again and asked to come back if it got worse. During the night it did really get worse and on Friday morning I had fever and felt lousy. I checked in at First Aid again and this time I was sent to the surgeon who changed the pipes. According to him it is not unusual that the drains get stuck and need to be changed.

I was allowed to leave First Aid around four in the afternoon. Summer waited outside with lovely sun and +25 degrees. I had a pretty good weekend and even managed to go out with a friend on Saturday. We played mini-golf and had something to eat in a restaurant.

Unfortunately, the good times didn't last long. On Wednesday morning the drain started leaking heavily again and wise from experience I went immediately to First Aid. The pipes were changed and this time they increased the dimensions of them. Hopefully bigger pipes will do the trick.

As if all this pipe hassle wasn't enough, I naturally came down with some fever Wednesday evening. When I measured my temperature in the morning (yesterday) the meter showed 40 degrees and there I was off to First Aid again! The doctors spent all day on investigations but didn't really come to any other conclusion than that there may be an internal infection related to the drain change. At eight in the evening they transferred me to the cancer department for monitoring and further treatment. So, I'm back at the same place as I was at the end of April. Room 8 this time.

2 comments:

EW said...

Thumps up, Jan Arne!

AnJou said...

Sorry to hear that, but glad they're following you up!