Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another CT scan

I survived the weekend without any nausea this time. The new medicine I got was really efficient. The only side effect has been my brain, or the lack of one. Been pretty tired in between. My wife found a term on the Internet, chemo-brain.

I got paranoid after reading Lance Armstrong's book. His cancer spread to the brain and one symptom he had was blurred eye-sight. My own left eye has been a bit blurred for the last one and a half years and we've been asking the doctors if there could be something in my brain as well. We've been told that is very unlikely. During last week doctor's appointment we asked if I could have a CT scan done on my head just to have the issue cleared out. The doctor said “let's do it”. The scan was done on Monday this week and a doctor called me back on Tuesday telling me there's nothing abnormal in my brain.

Yesterday we went apple picking at some friends of ours. They give away apples and my wife uses the opportunity to make apple jam. It was cold, rainy and dark and it felt like a day in November. The hot chocolate we were offered afterwards was really needed.

Right now I'm off to parents-in-law for a long weekend with the kids. They live in a small town called Kankaanpää roughly 100kms away.

No comments: