Friday, August 29, 2008

CEA

CEA is a marker for my type of cancer and the value should be for a healthy person between 0.0 and 5.0. In practise it shouldn't exist in the blood. In my blood test on June 23rd the CEA value was 6257.1! The values are very individual and can't be compared to other persons with same cancer, but it does show that my case is serious. I called the hospital today to check if the value of the CEA in the blood test on August 26th had arrived. It had. The value had gone down to 3482.0! This is at least going to the right direction.

After the IV on Wednesday I've been pretty tired but still waking up at around four in the morning not easily falling back asleep. This morning I woke up at the same time just to hear our youngest kid who sleeps in the same room shout “harepus”, which is Norwegian for “bunny” (English) or “pupu” (Finnish). He went on shouting “harepupu”, combining a bit of Norwegian and Finnish. He was still asleep and hopefully did not have a nightmare about loosing his beloved green bunny. For a change it felt quite nice to wake up at four.

No comments: