Friday, January 28, 2011

Family visiting


Again, lots of thanks to my loving wife for taking care of me and the blog. Times have been pretty tough lately but I am definitely doing better now. Appetite is improving though my weight is still under 70 kg and I need to focus on eating as often as I can. At the moment the biggest challenges are insomnia (just can fall asleep at night) and constipation that I'm getting from pain killers and anti-nausea medicine I'm taking. There is a medicine for that as well so at the moment there are lots of various drugs I keep taking. I also tend to get fever and chills during afternoons and evenings but it goes away after a few hours. I've felt quite well during the days though so that's something positive.

Today I grabbed the car and went for a hamburger lunch with a friend. I managed to eat half of it and brought the other half with me home to Marjo. Then I dropped by in some stores and did a little bit of shopping before returning home to rest on the couch.

My parents and my youngest sister visited for a few days this week. We kept the kids home from daycare and had a good time at home talking a lot of Norwegian. It was great to see them all again and equally sad when they left. I was luckily in quite a good shape and able to socialize. Well at least a bit I think.

I do admit I feel grumpier nowadays with all these issues going on for so long so you'll have to excuse me if I don't pick up the phone or return your messages. I still very much appreciate all you support and comforting messages and there's been so many of them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am really really happy to know that you feel a bit better !!!

Half a burger! that's impressive! I can't eat a whole one myself even today :)

And don't ever worry about returning phone calls or messages, I may not know all your friends, but I am pretty sure that I can speak for them that there is "no conditions" of our friendship!

As long as you keep getting better everyday, we are all happy aboout that!

Still praying for you :)