Friday, February 19, 2010

Scan time

I had another CT scan yesterday but have to wait for the result and analysis until Thursday next week. I've been scheduled to meet the senior doctor this time so I'll have to ask Marjo to think of difficult questions to ask.

Today I was in for a round of full treatment (Camptosar, Erbitux, Xeloda). The platelets count has been consistently good for a long time, but in yesterday's blood sample the count was below the treatment threshold. This was surprising as I've had one week off the heavy drugs (Camptosar and Xeloda). The doctors decided I'd still get the drugs but with reduced Camptosar dose.

My sister forwarded an interesting article in The Independent about a success story of a bowel cancer patient. He got very much the same diagnosis as I got and used the same chemo as I am on now (cetuximab is another name for Erbitux).

Our sons had birthdays earlier this month and they are now three and six. The younger one especially is at a very funny age. A quote from him from this morning while sitting on toilet: "Mom, I don't like dad, he is stupid, he sings stupid songs and gives us too many sandwiches".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your son's comment made me laugh so hard. Yes, that is a cute age:)